Voice 2022 – Aria Division
2022: She may have just made her Paris Opera debut, but Gatineau-born soprano Anna-Sophie Neher has a special history with Montreal. She earned degrees from McGill University and the Conservatoire de musique de Montréal. In 2017, she won First Prize in the Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal Manulife Competition and the Wirth Vocal Prize. Since competing in the Voice 2018 Art Song section, Neher has worked with Bernard Labadie and the OSM, and last summer debuted with Yannick Nézet-Séguin and the Orchestre Métropolitain.
Neher comes to Voice 2022 as a former artist with the Canadian Opera Company (COC) Ensemble Studio. Her time at the COC included the world premiere of Rufus Wainwright’s Hadrian, and she sang Gretel in Joel Ivany’s production of Hansel and Gretel for children. She returns this season to sing Pamina in Mozart’s The Magic Flute.
2016-2018: McGill University, Master’s Degree
- Wendy Nielsen, 2018-present
- Dominique Labelle, 2016- present
- Sanford Sylvan, 2014-2017
- Donna Brown, 2011-2014
Prizes and Awards
- 2019: First Prize, Christina and Louis Quilico Competition
- 2017: First Prize, OSM Competition
- 2017: Winner, Wirth Vocal Prize, Schulich School of Music, McGill University
- 2017: Stingray Rising Star Atelier lyrique
FIRST ROUND (with piano)
GEORGE FRIDERIC HANDEL Da tempeste
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART Ach, ich fühl’s
(The Magic Flute)
GIOACHINO ROSSINI En proie à la tristesse
Anne-Sophie Neher is generously sponsored by Elizabeth Wirth.