Participation in CMIM - Voice 2022
Voice 2022 – Aria Division
2022: Voice 2022 marks the first trip to Canada by South Korean bass In-Ho Jeong. Born in Daejeon, Jeong’s smooth sound has earned him first-prize wins in 2021 at both the Dong-A Music Competition and the Y.S.W. International Vocal Competition in Seoul. In 2017, he won the Grand Prize in the Vocal Music Competition of Daegu.
In-Ho Jeong has sung with the likes of the Daejeon Philharmonic Orchestra and the South Korean Autumn Chamber Orchestra, on the stages of the Daejeon and Seoul Arts Centers. While in Montreal, In-Ho Jeong plans to show the beauty of bass roles, including well-honed arias from The Barber of Seville, La bohème, and The Magic Flute.
2013-2017: Seoul National University, Bachelor’s Degree
- Attila Jun, Kammersänger, Seoul National University (voice): 2014-2016
- Won-ik Choi, Conductor DaeJeon Civic Youth Choir (voice, coaching): 2011-2013
Prizes and Awards
- 2022: Extraordinary prize, Astana Opera Debut, Tenor Viñas Contest | Special Prize, Opéra de Bordeaux | Special Prize of Agency Hollaender-Calix, Competizione dell’Opera Moscow
- 2021: 1st Prize, Dong-A Music Competition | 2nd Prize, La bella Concorso | 1st Prize, Y.S.W. International Vocal Competition | Grand Prize, All Beautiful Gimhae-ro National Vocal Competition | 3rd Prize, Vocal Music Competition of Gwangju
- 2020: Silver Prize, Sungjung Music Competition
- 2019: Grand Prize, Chae Dong-Seon Music Competition
- 2018: 3rd Prize, Korean Voice Competition | Grand Prize, Gaecheon Art Festival | 2nd Prize, Seil Korean Art song Competition
- 2017: Grand Prize, Vocal Music Competition of Daegu | 1st Prize, Korean Classical Singer Association International Vocal Competition
- 2016: 3rd Prize, Joong-ang Music Competition | 1st Prize, Korean Art song Competition | 1st Prize, CBS Music Competition | 2nd Prize, Suri Music Competition
- 2015: 1st Prize, Cheongdo Yeonji Art song Competition
FIRST ROUND (with piano)
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART In diesen heil’gen Hallen
(The Magic Flute)
VINCENZO BELLINI Vi ravviso, o luoghi ameni
GIOACHINO ROSSINI La calunnia è un venticello
(The Barber of Seville)
Website: not available
In-Ho Jeong is generously sponsored by the Vignoble Clos Ste-Croix.